Navigating the process of emptying the home of a loved one can be overwhelming. Every time you enter the home, your mind and heart are flooded with many memories and emotions making the task at hand more challenging.Here is a checklist I hope will give you some clarity and direction as you begin this process. Completing this checklist before you contact a liquidator will allow you to have a more effective meeting on your initial consult appointment.
How do I get started?
1. Remove all prescription and over the counter medicines.
2. Remove all personal and family photographs.
3. Remove all financial documents, check books and credit cards.
4. Clean and remove food from the freezer, refrigerator, and pantry.
5. Consign or donate modern clothing and shoes. We do sell vintage clothing, purses and other accessories.
6. Most importantly, remove or clearly mark items the family or heirs wish to keep.
How long does it take to prepare an estate sale?
On average, preparing a home for an estate sale can take as little as two weeks or up to 4 weeks. This set up process includes pricing every item, washing the china and crystal, polishing the silver, organizing and grouping like items together, and light housework during the process.
What kind of lead time is required for an estate sale?
This is difficult to predict, as some seasons we are booked months in advance and at other times we will be available to start work within a week. Give me a call at 850-516-6090 and I can let you know how our schedule looks.
How will people find out about our estate sale?
We have a multiprong approach to advertising our sales.
1. We use EstateSales.net, a national advertising website that notifies suscriblers of upcoming estate sales in their area.
2. Social Media bursts on Instagram and Facebook highlight items in an upcoming sale as well as provides reminders of sale hours and locations.
3. We advertise in the Pensacola News Journal with a link to our website.
4. I send an announcement to my customers via email and include a link to our website.
5. During course the sale, I will post a detailed description and 100 to 200 pictures on my website for customers to enjoy.
6. I have a large feather flag that reads "Estate Sale" that we place in front of the home and when not prohibited by ordinances we place signs to direct local traffic to sale location.
Help! I have Never Shopped an Estate Sale, What do I need to know?
Shopping Estate Sales is a lot of fun!
You can not only save money buying pre owned items, you also find one of a kind treasures.
Here are a few tips to help you feel more comfortable.
Check the sales hours, there is nothing worse than arriving 5 minutes before closing and not having enough time to shop.Our hours are 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM Friday and Saturday. On Larger sales we have special Thursday hours.
Items sold at an estate sale are "where is as is". no guarantee or warranty is offered so examine items before purchasing. Refunds are not offered at Estate sales
We accept cash and checks. We do not accept debit cards or credit cards. Come prepared with cash or your checkbook with identification.
We do not sale advertised items in advance of the sale. If you see something you like get in line before we open to increase the odds you get what you want. We operate on a first come , first served basis. on occasion the person ahead of you in line may get to "your " item first. If you have to have an item we recommend arriving earlier to be first in line.
We provide large totes for shopping, please leave large purses and backpacks in your car.
If you place an item in our hold area, you have agreeed to purchase it.
As a courtesy to our customers, we have nice new shopping bags for your purchases. We try to have plenty of wrapping materials on hand, however it is a good idea to have some in your car just incase we run out.
If you wish to purchase a large item, find one of our associates in the black and white aprons and they will mark it sold for you.
We love the cheerful attitudes out customers have, it is contagious!
When we first open, we have a big rush of customers and you may have to wait in line to check out. Our cashiers are the best and keep the line moving and They love it when you compliment how efficient they are. I mean really, they ring up an average of 10-20 items of all shapes and sizes, wrap and bag it all for you in record time.
Saturday is 50% sale and usually most all items are included in that sale.( We do not reduce fine jewelry to 50% off)